What we believe
Make a life-giving difference!
Our Mission Statement:
We are a caring community of faith which celebrates God’s blessings through service with our neighbours.
We are Christ-centered.
- We keep respect at the center of all that we do by: (read more)
- Honouring the dignity of each other
- Being sensitive in our communications
- Staying in relationship when we disagree
- Depending on the life giving power of the Spirit of God
- We welcome one another to our community by: (read more)
- Creating a place at God’s table for everyone
- Receiving the unique contribution each person can make to our mission
- Encouraging people to do what they love as we worship and serve together
- We empower one another to serve our purpose and mission by: (read more)
- Affirming and valuing one another
- Encouraging people to recognize, accept and share their God given gifts and purpose
- Celebrating new ministries
- Embracing the Appreciative Way
- We maintain mutual accountability in times of conflict by: (read more)
- Cooperating and collaborating consistently
- Recommitting to our shared value
- Naming and satisfying objections
- Using the Pinch Crunch Model
The United Church of Canada
As part of the United Church of Canada, we believe that the statement of faith in A New Creed gives expression to our experiences of God and our call to care for all of God’s creation.
A New Creed
We are not alone,
we live in God's world.
We believe in God:
who has created and is creating,
who has come in Jesus,
the Word made flesh,
to reconcile and make new,
who works in us and others
by the Spirit.
We trust in God.
We are called to be the Church:
to celebrate God's presence,
to live with respect in Creation,
to love and serve others,
to seek justice and resist evil,
to proclaim Jesus, crucified and risen,
our judge and our hope.
In life, in death, in life beyond death,
God is with us.
We are not alone.
Thanks be to God